As our next Sous Chef reporting directly to the Head Chef, you will:
• Run your own section of the kitchen, ensuring service is smooth as well as assist with other sections if they require help
• Control the pass when required and ensure food costs are kept within the budget along with managing labour costs
• Maintain strong time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
• Be diligent and adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements & will have an understanding of HACCP management
• Ensure the delivery of high quality product and service—including a la carte dining, breakfast, lunch and dinner with the addition of in-room service and some catering for functions at our onsite conferencing facilities.
What we are looking for:
• Someone who possesses genuine passion and creativity about the food industry
• A modern approach to cooking and flair for menu planning and design
• Someone with a high level of verbal communication
• The possession of a Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) – Essential
• A commitment to deliver on and exceed customer expectations
• Previous experience working in a four or five star hotel
To apply for this job please visit portal.emsaemployment.com.